Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mini Twists After 2 and a Half Weeks


I really like the way her hair turned out after two weeks.  The twists have puffed out a bit.  The biggest ones are a little smaller than the circumference of a pencil.  The ends did unravel a bit, but nothing terrible.  My major concern was because her hair isn't well cared for it would start to dread up.  That really hasn't happened  The parts that I had made aren't visible now.

The responses she got from her hair were interesting.  One boy said she had dreads.  Another girl wouldn't let up on her thinking it was weave.  People in the projects don't understand spending all that time on a girls hair knowing in 4 weeks it will need to be taken out.  If I had used weave with braids it could have lasted at least 2 months.

I'm sad I didn't get to try too many styles with the twists being that I was gone for the 2 and a half week she had them in.  I will let the braids go for another week and a half and take them out next Saturday.

I don't have any pictures of her hair, but here is a cute video of her goofing off.  You can see how her twists are looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment