Monday, March 7, 2011

Half Up Half Down Style - Two Ponytails

This week my lovely Bre actually asked me to do her hair!  When she is wearing a protective style like cornrows and twists we usually redo the style every two weeks.  On the off weeks we moisturize and change up the accessories in her hair to give it a different look.  Even though we did hair last week I decided to go ahead and do a different cornrow style.  We did two pony tails with ribbon.

I thought it was a little too much bling in this girls hair, but she LOVED it and was so excited to show her mom so I just left it all up in there.  She's always loved the bling though.

The first thing I did was take down her old style, put a generous amount of deep conditioner in and detangle her hair.  We rinsed out the majority of the conditioner and made one long slanted part which sectioned off the two ponytails.  I clipped one section back, sectioned off a bang and clipped that down as well.  I made straight cornrows going into the ponytails.


This was the end result of the ponytails.  I really liked it, but the parting was off.  You could tell it was approaching 10 at night and this little girl needed to be up at 7 so I hurried up and 2 of the cornrows suffered because of it.


When I did her bangs the cornrows were not lying down with rubber bands at the ends so I added some cute small clips to weigh them down.  I left the rubber bands in her hair because I won't see her for another week and if the clips came out she would have nobody to put them back in or rubber band the braids to keep from unraveling.  This way at least when I see her the braids won't be unraveled.

Stop back in a week and you will get to see all those beads come off!  She will have had that style in for 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment