Thursday, March 24, 2011

Goody Ouchless Extra Small Hairbands Review


I picked up a pack of 50 pink Goody Ouchless Hairbands at Meijers a couple weeks ago.  They are fabric covered elastic bands about the circumference of a dime.  I used them at the ends of the straight cornrows down the back of Bre's head.  Her hair had been in lots of beads and rubber bands for the past month and I wanted something that would not tug on the ends and give them a little break.

The ouchless bands were a little difficult to twist around her hair.  They don't have as much give as a rubber band which is expected.  I was afraid the bands would come off during the week and I wouldn't be around to fix it so I did wrap a regular rubber band around the top of the hair band and left it extra loose.  It turns out I didn't need to do that.  To my surprise they all stayed in quite nicely.  Bre is fairly hard on her hair too.  When she is at her mothers she doesn't have a sleep cap on and she doesn't get any touch ups.

I will be using these bands again as they were much more gentler on her hair and still served their purpose.  They come in a rainbow assortment and a pink assortment of colors and cost about 2 or 3 dollars for 50 bands.  The bands can only be using without beads.  They are too thick to fit under regular sized beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment