Friday, March 4, 2011

Half Up Half Down Style - Large Cornrow Laces

As you may or may not recall I posted about Bre getting half a head of mini twist with 10 beads on each strand.  The top half however went unfinished.  One of the the styles I did with her was lacing cornrows which she (and everyone who saw them) loved!  I now have requests from children to do this style to them as well.


Sadly I cannot take credit for this brilliant idea of weaving ribbon into cornrows like a shoelace.  xxprettyma has a tutorial how to do it below.  I made the cornrows a little loose so it wouldn't hurt my baby's head.



I deep conditioned her hair and detangled it with the conditioner in.  I never have any complaints as long as I load up her hair with conditioner.  Lately I've been using a heated cap during the deep conditioning process.  I'll be updating you on the results of that in the next few weeks.


Next, I divided the hair into 6 sections and parted each from the center of her head.  I used coconut oil and cornrowed the sections and ended each with a braid and as many beads as I could get unto each strand to match hundreds of beads her mom put in her hair.


I used the xxprettyma's method of lacing and laced her hair (we did pink for Vday).  She was excited about the lacing but did say it hurt even when I loosened the braids.

Pictures of Cuteness after Kid's Church:


Bre and her brother decided to "wash" my car as I filled up.  I couldn't really see out my windshield it was so clouded with dried dirty water, but I wasn't about to use the windshield wipers when my babies were so proud they "helped" me do chores.





No comments:

Post a Comment