Saturday, April 2, 2011

Paper Bag Curlers


Bre's hair was looking rough this week and really could have been redone but we got home at 9 on Friday and it took us till 10 before dinner was made so doing hair wasn't really an option.  We decided to try an old technique I used in my hair whenever I wanted tight, coily, kinky curls.  I used to cut up strips from paper bags, wrap my dampened hair in them, and let them dry overnight.  Since the paper bags weren't perfect circles it gave me this messy kinky look to my curls which I loved.  Unfortunately this didn't really work out for Bre.  Her hair is very short so I folded the strips in half to have super skinny strips which gave me these super skinny flattened coils.


The picture doesn't really show the definition of the coils very well, but without the flash you couldn't see it at all.  It really could have been left in a cute coily bun with a small ribbon around it but Bre wanted to put a bow with korkers in her hair and it didn't look right with a coily bun so we combed out the coils and left it in a free ponytail.


No comments:

Post a Comment