Thursday, April 7, 2011

Quick Style - X Cornrows and 4 Ponytails

Ray and I took down her mini twist style which only took about 2 hours including detangling.  I was soo happy to get it out.  It wasn't that it looked bad.  In fact,  I think out of all the styles I've seen Ray in I like the mini twists the best.  I was worried that the product I put in her hair at the ends (creme wax) would start to dread up her hair.  Creme wax is used to hold twists in place until they start to dread so you can see my concern about keeping her mini twists in longer than 4 weeks.

The next style Ray wants to do is...a FAUX HAWK!  They are kind of over done in my opinion but I'm excited she's getting into picking out the styles and not me.  Because of time I decided to go with a simple style I see all over the internet. X-cornrows and 4 ponytails with twists.  Next time I get the chance to do hair we will do a faux hawk.


So obviously I didn't get the parting just right and the ends of the braids were way lose but I'm still learning.  She likes it but maybe because she just wanted to go home and sleep lol.  I used hair lotion and extra virgin coconut oil.  By her request we put the ball balls at the ends of her hair to weight them down which worked perfectly.  I've always liked this style.  It's a cute twist to the usual ponytails and ball balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment